Stellanova Therapeutics is led by a world-class founding team of experienced entrepreneurs, antibody developers, cancer biologists and oncologists. Join us in our research to help fight and conquer cancer!
Job Position Overview
Research Associate - Tumor Biology
Stellanova Therapeutics Inc. is a new biotech start-up founded by seasoned entrepreneurs, and fueled by investment from Sporos Bioventures, to develop novel antibody drugs targeting the symbiotic interactions across fibroblasts, immune and cancer cells in the tumor microenvironment (TME). Stellanova’s lead program targets a stromal-derived-factor secreted by cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAFs) that promotes tumor progression and inhibits anti-tumor immunity in the TME, resulting in poor responses to current immunotherapies. Stellanova is committed to reversing this trend by offering a new therapeutic path based on a novel mechanism of action.
The company is also establishing a discovery platform to identify essential heterotypic interactions between fibroblasts and other cell types in the TME, providing validated cell surface or secreted targets for its next generation of antibody discovery programs.
- Work as part of a team dedicated to the discovery and validation of stromal-derived factors that contribute to tumor progression or inhibition of anti-tumor immunity
- Contribute to the development of a robust in vivo target validation platform for the evaluation of the anti-tumor activity of stromal-derived factors
- Participate and present at project meetings to discuss results
- Keep organized and detailed records using an electronic laboratory notebook
- Master’s degree in relevant fields with 3-5 years of postgraduate experience or Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields with over 5 years of postgraduate experience
- Mastery of molecular biology and cell biology techniques, design and execution of in vitro cell-based assays
- Experience with in vivo tumor models (subcutaneous, orthotopic, GEM)
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Incentive stock option, healthcare, and 401k plans available
- Full time
- JLABS@TMC, Houston, Texas
Apply for Position:
Stellanova Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.