Stellanova Therapeutics is led by a world-class founding team of experienced entrepreneurs, antibody developers, cancer biologists and oncologists. Join us in our research to help fight and conquer cancer!
Job Position Overview
Scientist - Antibody Development
Stellanova Therapeutics Inc. is a new biotech start-up founded by seasoned entrepreneurs, and fueled by investment from Sporos Bioventures, to develop novel antibody drugs targeting the symbiotic interactions across fibroblasts, immune and cancer cells in the tumor microenvironment (TME). Stellanova’s lead program targets a stromal-derived-factor secreted by cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAFs) that promotes tumor progression and inhibits anti-tumor immunity in the TME, resulting in poor responses to current immunotherapies. Stellanova is committed to reversing this trend by offering a new therapeutic path based on a novel mechanism of action.
The company is also establishing a discovery platform to identify essential heterotypic interactions between fibroblasts and other cell types in the TME, providing validated cell surface or secreted targets for its next generation of antibody discovery programs.
- Work as part of the team dedicated to the preclinical development of the company’s antibody assets
- Design and execute experiments aimed at the characterization of antibody candidates
- Drive development candidate selection and preclinical development.
- Contribute to the creation of key scientific documents required for regulatory submissions.
- Integrate data and knowledge from diverse sources and present for internal and external review
- Ph.D.in molecular biology, biochemistry, or other relevant fields with 5+ years of postgraduate experience
- Direct experience with antibody discovery, engineering, and development. Involvement in IND filings is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with techniques used for antibody characterization: binding kinetics assessment, competition assays, ELISA, FACS, cell-based functional assays
- Ability to think outside the box and tackle challenges with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including writing, reviewing, and editing scientific documents
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Incentive stock option, healthcare, and 401k plans available
- Full time
- JLABS@TMC, Houston, Texas
Apply for Position:
Stellanova Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.