Stellanova Therapeutics is led by a world-class founding team of experienced entrepreneurs, antibody developers, cancer biologists and oncologists. Join us in our research to help fight and conquer cancer!
Job Position Overview
Scientist - Tumor Biology
Stellanova Therapeutics Inc. is a new biotech start-up founded by seasoned entrepreneurs, and fueled by investment from Sporos Bioventures, to develop novel antibody drugs targeting the symbiotic interactions across fibroblasts, immune and cancer cells in the tumor microenvironment (TME). Stellanova’s lead program targets a stromal-derived-factor secreted by cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAFs) that promotes tumor progression and inhibits anti-tumor immunity in the TME, resulting in poor responses to current immunotherapies. Stellanova is committed to reversing this trend by offering a new therapeutic path based on a novel mechanism of action.
The company is also establishing a discovery platform to identify essential heterotypic interactions between fibroblasts and other cell types in the TME, providing validated cell surface or secreted targets for its next generation of antibody discovery programs.
- Develop in vitro and in vivo target validation assays for the identification of stromal-derived factors that contribute to tumor progression or inhibition of anti-tumor immunity
- Contribute to the development of a robust in vivo target validation platform for the evaluation of the anti-tumor activity of stromal-derived factors
- Design, execute, and evaluate experiments – both independently and with others
- Participate in and present project results during research meetings
- Keep organized and detailed records using an electronic laboratory notebook
- Mastery of molecular biology techniques used for target validation (cell-based assays, RNAi, GAPmer, CRISPER/Cas9, gene expression analysis, etc.)
- Extensive experience with a variety of in vivo murine tumor models (xenograft, syngeneic, orthotopic, GEMs, etc)
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, cancer biology, biochemistry or other relevant discipline with 3-5 years of postgraduate experience
- Demonstrated track record of scientific excellence through high profile peer-reviewed publications and/or patents
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Incentive stock option, healthcare, and 401k plans available
- Full time
- JLABS@TMC, Houston, Texas
Apply for Position:
Stellanova Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.